Waterfall, Lava Cave and Stargazing + Photos
Volcano and Mauna Kea Stargazing Tour
Enjoy scenic mountain views, picturesque waterfalls, current volcanic eruptions and stars like you’ve never seen them before!
- 7 Passengers Max
- Waterfalls, Lava Cave, Black Lava Fields
- Mauna Kea Stargazing
- Waive the online booking fees by calling us directly
- Led by Photographer/Guide
- Green Laser Constellation Show
- Look at Galaxies, Nebulas and Star clusters through an Astro-Cam.
What You Can Expect
See the best of the island without having to take a tour bus all day long. We take you to massive lava fields, waterfalls, Hilo town, a lava cave and stargazing above the clouds. Not your average tour, we only take luxury SUV’s while having a maximum of 7 guests on each adventure. Lucky for you, our guides are also Astro-Photographers who take complementary photos of you throughout the trip and most especially at night with the stars.
We will start by driving up the volcanic mountains of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Our first stop will be at a special spot where two of the largest volcanoes on the planet overlap. Then we will drive down the other side of the volcanoes into the lush rainforests of Hilo. Visiting a couple beautiful waterfalls and picturesque tree forests as well as explore in a 100 year old lava tube cave.
When the sun goes down, we will head to WikiFresh, a locally sourced restaurant in Hilo. After dinner, If lava is flowing, we will do our best to go check it out!
Finally, we drive up to around 9000 feet on Mauna Kea for the best stargazing of your life! Enjoy a private laser-guided star show, look at galaxies, nebula and star clusters from an astro-camera and get your picture taken with the stars. After you’re completely full with excitement, we will make our way back down to mountain to the MKRA for drop-off.
Contact us directly if you need a ride to the MKRA, we will try to help!
Want to see recent high-quality images from this experience? Click Here
Who can go?
- Ages 5 and above!
Why go with us?
- We are the only small group tour company that takes guests stargazing ( 7 Guests Max)
- This tour combines two tours into one, saving you an extra day to actually relax on your holiday!
- Each of our guides are Astro-Photographers, that takes photos of you with the night sky
- We give the digital photos to our guests, complimentary. Larger files/prints are available for purchase
- Private Tour options available as well
- All of the pictures seen in the descriptions were taken by our guides
What we provide
- Locally sourced Hilo dinner
- Comfy Parka Jackets that have pockets and a hood
- Waterfall, Lava Tube Cave and Stargazing Photos of your group
- Any entrance fees
What you should wear
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Short-sleeve shirt and bring an optional light or winter jacket