Waterfall, Volcano and Stargazing Photo Trip
Volcano and Mauna Kea Stargazing Tour
Enjoy scenic mountain views, picturesque waterfalls, current volcanic eruptions and stars like you’ve never seen them before!
Not your average tour, we only take 4×4 and Luxury SUV’s while having a maximum of 7 guests on each adventure. Lucky for you, all of our guides are Astro-Photographers and take photos of you with the night sky in the background! This 8 hour adventure tour starts out of the Kona and Waikoloa Vacation Rental areas.
What You Can Expect
Your Epic Tours guide will greet you at your resort, as we provide a complimentary hotel/resort pickup for all of our guests in the Kona and Waikoloa areas. Pickup time is anywhere from 3pm-4:30pm, depending on sunset times.
Next, we will whisk you off to the mountains of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Our first stop will be at a special spot where two of the largest volcanoes on the planet collide. Then we will drive down into the rainforests of Hilo far from the tour buses and check out some beautiful waterfalls and a non-touristy lava tube cave. Our next stop will be at the largest Japanese Garden outside of Japan for our scrumptious sunset picnic dinner on Hilo bay.
When the sun goes down, we head to Volcanoes National Park for the parks greatest attractions but without the crowds, to check out the latest volcanic activity and feel the heat coming from a volcanic steam vent. Depending on weather and volcanic activity, alternate locations may be substituted to get you to the best locations possible.
Finally we drive up into the mountains of Mauna Kea for the best stargazing of your life! Enjoy a laser guided star show, look through a telescope (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights), sip hot chocolate and get your picture taken with the stars in the background.
Next stop is back at your resort for a drop-off between 10pm-11:30pm
Who Can Go?
- Ages 5 and above!
Why Go With Us?
- We are the only small group tour company that takes guests stargazing ( 7 Max)
- All of the other companies take two vans of 14 people in each van
- We customize each tour to get you to the best spots without the crowds
- Each of our guides are Astro-Photographers, that takes photos of you with the night sky
- We give the HD digital photos to our guests, complimentary. Upgrades available.
What We Provide?
- Hawaiian-Style dinner, snacks and drinks
- Parka Jackets
- Stargazing Photos of your group
- Any entrance fees
What You Should Wear
- Wear shorts or pants
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Short-sleeve shirt and bring an optional light or winter jacket